All young people need to be prepared to succeed in college, work and life. But in our communities, only four out of ten young people are ready for a productive adulthood and two in ten are in serious trouble. With effective state and local leaders, nonprofits, and public structures like schools, community centers, and libraries working together, communities can prepare a competitive workforce, strengthen social networks, support families and help all young people realize their potential.
How Does it Work?
Ready by 21 is aset of strategies that helps communities improve the odds that all youth will be ready for work, college and life. It taps the expertise and dedication of diverse leaders who care about children, youth and families, meeting them where they are and helping them chart a course for better outcomes for young people. Using innovative strategic planning tools developed by the Forum for Youth Investment, Ready by 21 is designed to maximize resources to ensure all young people grow up healthy and strong, learn skills for today’s jobs, be connected to community and prepared to succeed in college.
Corporate Voices for Working Families' Role in Ready by 21
Corporate Voices believes that all young people deserve to grow up healthy and strong, equipped to excel in school today and in the jobs of tomorrow. American business competitiveness and future economic prosperity depends on a skilled and prepared workforce. Business leaders agree that many youth do not possess the skills needed to succeed at work. Activating the workforce pipeline is a fundamental and systemic imperative to drive business sustainability, ensure global competitiveness and to uplift the standard of living for working families.
As the Ready by 21 National Partnership’s expert on business and industry, Corporate Voices is:
- Recruiting national and local business support;
- Leading the federal public policy efforts for the Partnership;
- Guiding corporate outreach for fund development; and
- Developing tools and landmark research to assist business and communities to better articulate the needs and solutions for a fully prepared, innovative and competitive workforce.
Business' Role in Ready by 21
Corporate Voices challenges business leaders to invest in workforce readiness as a business imperative. Business leaders can work with the Ready by 21 National Partnership as collaborators in their efforts to advance global competitiveness.
Businesses thrive in communities where youth thrive!
Business and education need better alignment around workforce development and resources across the board. Corporate Voices’ goals for Ready by 21 include:
- Raising the bar for business and community leadership to work together to address
the needs of youth;
- Developing a network of business thought-leaders at both the national and local levels committed to improving youth outcomes;
- Combining resources in ways that maximize the impact to communities while helping businesses prosper; and
- Engaging in policy conversations where business can advocate for effective policies to support these goals.
Ready by 21™ and the Ready by 21 Logo are registered trademarks of the Forum for Youth Investment.